Nenad Mirkovich was born in Belgrade, Yugoslavia. Mirkovich’s desire to express his artistic side led him to begin drawing and painting as a young boy. While working as a portrait painter and magazine illustrator in Yugoslavia Mirkovich began to receive public acclaim for his gift of artistry.
Early in his career Mirkovich mastered landscapes, seascapes and cityscapes. Bentley House and Somerset Publishing recognized his talent and signed him to their companies, which catapulted him to recognition throughout the world.
After years of capturing some of the world’s most beautiful and recognized locations on canvas, Mirkovich began a new series of paintings, which evolved through his of love of music. Working mostly at night, he began painting with Jazz or Classical music playing in the room, acting as his muse. This mood helped Mirkovich develop his unique style of depicting Jazz icons and Rock-and-Roll legends using splashes of color to emphasize movement and sound.
Among Nenad’s many awards, he was chief illustrator for a weekly national magazine in Belgrade. He received a gold medal for the Best Newcomer Artist in Belgrade, received Best of Show in Germany in 1982 and Best of Show in Italy in 1997.Nenad is a highly collected world class artist.
“Artists are created to carry information and paint history for future generations,” explains Mirkovich. “Art is magic. One can become a true artist only if you can feel the magic or have the ability to put it all together on canvas.”
Gallery / Museum Representation
- Muir Fine Art Gallery – Houston, TX, USA
- National Museum – Belgrade, Serbia
- Samford University Library – Birmingham, AL
Exhibitions & Events
- Neiman Marcus Charity – 1995
- Miss Texas USA 1996 – 2003
- Shell Houston Open / Houston Golf Association – 1980’s
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – Cattle Baron Fundraiser 2005
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – Swiners Fundraiser 2006
Private Art Collection / Commissions
- Houston Rockets – Houston, TX
- Cal Ripkin (Baseball Player) – Baltimore, MD
- Tom Landry (Coach) – Dallas, TX
- Tina Turner (Entertainer) – France
- Patrick Swayze (Actor) – Houston, TX
- Bob Hope (Entertainer) – Toluca Lake, CA
- Mike Ditka (Coach) – Chicago, IL
- Mr. & Mrs. Burgin – Fulshear, TX
- Rick & Anita Perry (Politics) – Austin, TX
- George W. & Laura Bush (Politics) – Austin, TX
- Mr. & Mrs. Tim Wells (SVP Geophysical) – Houston, TX
- Mr. Rodney P. Hunt (Entrepreneur) – McLean, VA
- Nelly (Entertainer) – Los Angeles, CA
- Mr. Keith Darby (VP Finance) – Houston, TX
- Ann Margaret (Entertainer) – Los Angeles, CA
- Novak Djokavic (Tennis) – Monte Carlo, Monaco